The Irish Center (also known as the Commodore Barry Club) is located at 6815 Emlen St., Philadelphia, PA, 19119, at the corner of Emlen St. and Carpenter Lane, adjacent to Septa's Carpenter Lane Station on the Chestnut Hill West (R8) Line.
From PA I-76 (the Schuylkill Expressway):
- Take I-76 (the Schuylkill Expressway) exit 32 for Lincoln Drive. Cross the bridge, staying in the center lane. This lane will become Lincoln Drive.
- Stay on Lincoln Drive. The 9th Traffic light is Carpenter Lane. Turn right onto Carpenter Lane. Additionally, light the light before Carpenter Lane, Lincoln drive changes from a 4 lane rd (2 lanes each direction) to two lanes and a center turn lane. There is an Episcopal Church on the corner of Lincoln Drive and Carpenter Lane.
- Turn Right onto Carpenter Lane. The Irish Center is right on Emlen Street, just past the overpass for the Septa Railroad line.
From the Pennsylvania Turnpike::
- Take the Pennsylvania Turnpike to the Ambler exit #339.
- Take Rt. 309 South to Paper Mill Road. Turn right onto Paper Mill Road.
- Take Paper Mill Road to Stenton Ave. Turn left on Stenton Ave, then immediately bear right onto Bethlehem Pike.
- Take Bethlehem Pike to Germantown Ave. You will see a Borders Book Store on the corner. Turn left onto Germantown Ave.
- Take Germantown Ave. to Carpenter Lane. Turn right onto Carpenter Lane.
- Follow Carpenter Lane to Emlen St. The Irish Center is left on Emlen Street, just before the overpass for the Septa Railroad line.